Are you looking for some loosely planned activities to do with your little? How about ones based on the alphabet?
I started on November 9th with my alphabet based activity plans (you can find my first post here). We have completed A & B as well as C & D. So far sometimes it’s a bit of a struggle to come up with interesting activities but I’m committed to keep trying. I’m sure some weeks will be much better than others.
Either way I like the preplanned structure and I’m sure little M likes the additional activities.
Last week we did the letters E and F.
- Monday we watched videos of elephants.
- Tuesday we coloured pictures of faces and discussed the different parts like eyes and ears.
- Wednesday we had hard boiled eggs (always have some on hand) and made scrambled eggs.
- Thursday we coloured pictures of flowers.
- Friday we sang Old McDonald and watched videos of farm machines (little M loved heavy machines).
This week we did the letters G and H.
- Monday we pulled out everything we could find that was green.
- Tuesday we tried grapes (again).
- Wednesday we pulled out all the hats we could find and tried them on.
- Thursday we traced our hands and coloured them.
- Friday we watched videos of hippos.
A few things I learned over these past couple of weeks:
-E and F were hard letters for me. I don’t feel like I came up with anything too interesting. Maybe if I go around the alphabet again I’ll come up with something better next time.
-Little M still doesn’t care for grapes.
Please note over the week before Christmas and the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s I’ll be taking a break from these activities. This break will delay my next post until January 8th (will be about I & J and K & L).
Have you planned this sort of thing to do with your little? How did you organize the activities (like I did by letter)? Do you have any other ideas for activities to do for the letters E and F or G and H?